Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back at it again....

I've been thinking about blogging for the last few weeks, but I've had a terrible cold. And when I have a cold I find that a very good excuse for slacking on things - like exercising, planning, grading, and blogging.
I'm officially over the cold (thank heavens - knock on wood - PLEASE not again!), so it's time to get back at it.

That would be fine and lovely except it's not that easy.

You see, just about the time I get the school year really moving along, you know when the children are trained and doing what they are supposed to and you kind of have a clue about what you are teaching.... well, about that time every year is when I begin the play. (duh duh duhhhh - sorry that's just the sound effect in my head and my edit button doesn't click on until 6)

This year we are doing Seussical Jr!
It's an adorable play with SO MUCH cute music and lots of fun familiar characters. I am excited because it has such a great message and those are always my favorite productions.

We are also excited to be performing at Olympus High School this year! We were hoping to go back to Evergreen, but they were lame about sharing their stage and could only give us a date in November. (I would have been putting on the play in 2 weeks - yeah, I don't think so.)So we went to Oly and they were SO nice and helpful, so we're taking the show on the road. (We actually rehearse in our own gym until the last week then we get 5 days on the actual stage to build the set and rehearse - it's awesome! (note sarcasm)).

Tomorrow the auditions begin, which means I get to hear 150-200 kids sing and dance their very best in hopes of scoring the elusive JoJo part. It's great fun, and really hard.

So my point here (there is one), I now have a new reason to slack - it's play season. But I will try hard not too, because I love reading blogs and I feel like I should write one, just to be fair.

2 comments:

JGEM said...

I love Seussical. And I hope your auditions go great.

You know, I meant to tell you, I totally call them glove departments too.

So see, that's why you dream about my blog at night, we are just so connected!

Tear.

The Johnson's said...

Yup, 5th grade is tough! Elisabeth has been working so hard to learn states, capital and *gasp* spelled correctly! But it is doing her so much good to be challenged. Don't forget there are those of us parents out here that know teachers are fair and just want the kids to learn!