Thursday, November 17, 2011

Exciting huh?!

So it doesn't look like much to you, but can't you just sense my excitement? You really should, because it's palpable... It's my new appliances!!! I've never had all new appliances. I really thought that was only something that happened on HGTV, but my wonderful-loving-good looking-slightly germ-a-phobe- husband said that he wasn't building me a new kitchen and putting old appliances in it! So we sold the dishwasher that came with the house and we went out a picked out a new set. Mind you, they are currently in the garage - not really where you want to display your new appliances, but with no cabinets, or counters, or walls just yet, it's probably a better place.

 On a separate note, I think I've made it clear how I feel about beige paint. Let me add to that list - wallpaper. Sorry Mom, but I've made it very clear all these years - and now I am reminded why I hate it so much. (Just a note, from one vantage point in my mothers house you can see 7 different wallpapers - no joke. But I also counted 116 pumpkins from the stretch of the phone cord back in the day (yes, I obsessively count things, but that's a whole different issue)). I've been working on getting rid of this plaid and teddy bear ensemble since the day we got the keys, but that sucker is stuck. I should make my mom come take it off as punishment for the miles she has hung.


The helpers...aren't they cute... 
(Notice the BEIGE closet doors in the background, can't wait to take that on...)


Yesterday I finished the master bath (I feel so fancy having a master bath, I thought those were only on HGTV too.) It's a very light blue and the trim is now  a crisp white. But it didn't start that way. It was originally beige (shocker huh?) with a very thick coating of hairspray. You see, the woman we bought the house from had this terrible teased and sprayed hair ("you just tease it and make it look like a brown football helmet" - That was for you Heidi) And apparently she was quite thorough with the spray because everything opposite the mirror had a pretty heavy layer of nasty hairspray. Fortunately it was nothing a little sand paper, primer and paint couldn't handle. And I will not be causing the same issue to occur again, I don't think I own hairspray.

1 comment:

nielsons*love*family said...

green with envy over new appliances!