Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No wonder...

It's Wednesday, which means I don't see any kids. Which means I can spend my lunch eating, pumping, and NOT gathering all the supplies for my next group.
However, I have been working all day and I feel like I have nothing done, so I got to thinking (while standing at the copy machine making one more pile of word cards) about why that might be...Here's what I came up with:

  • I teach 9 groups (30-45 mins each)
  • All have 4-16 kids
  • Each one is a different level AND subject
  • Each one is direct instruction
  • They are all intervention, which means they have to be meaningful instruction - not just fluff
  • We never get to silent read, color, quietly write, do anything independent
  • This 30 mins is intended to bridge gaps, make gains - we have to see results!
  • So if you're a teacher, and many of you are, think about writing sub plans that are direct instruction for a full day to 6 different grades. And then do it for EVERY day.
  • It's no wonder Wednesdays are still so exhausting.
That's all, I have work to do. 


No comments: