Sunday, July 21, 2013

Seeking Opinions

Goo (did you know we call him Goo, or Gooey, we do - obviously I'm referring to Miles) is quickly outgrowing his infant carseat so we are getting ready to upgrade. I've spent a week researching and reading and I've narrowed down the field, but I can't decide. I've read reviews, but seriously, who are these people?
So I'm asking for help.

If I had all the money in the world this is probably what I would buy:
Safety 1st Complete Air 65 Protect Convertible Car Seat - Galileo
It is the brand of his infant seat, has lots of reclining options for car sleeping (thinking upcoming road trip) and it looks like it's from a space ship.
But, I don't have all the money in the world. If I had a little bit more than I do, I'd probably buy this one:
britax-convertible-car-seat-marathon-classic
It's not fancy, but it's the brand everyone trusts. But it's pretty pricey. So I've found it's cheaper little brother, this is a real option. 

Option 1:



Reviews are not as stellar, things like the cover doesn't stay on, and the foam isn't as cushy, but it's a good brand. Sigh.

Option 2:

It has great safety ratings and a video that made me cry, really.

Option 3:

This looks like a giant infant seat, but has great safety and comfort reviews. The negative is that you can only recline it by installing it differently, I don't think I like that.

Option 4:

This has great reviews, and some bad ones. So I don't know.

So that's the dilemma, if you'd all resolve it that would be great.





5 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Being a babysitter that moves a cars eat several times a day, make weight one of your considerations!

Mrs Nielson said...

we just used "regular" car seats--nothing fancy or reviewed ever. So i'm no help. (All our kids are also shockingly still alive) ;)

however, i AM with belinda on weight-the girl i nanny for had a carseat that weighs a MILLION pounds (at least)--and it was a B**CH to move.
really really awful! so i agree, go lift them and see what you think too.

JGEM said...

I always buy the cheapest one because that's my budget. I also rarely change levels even when they're options because it takes too muh work when your hands are full.

Kelli said...

I've had both the Roundabout and the Marathon and have liked them both. They're easy to install, it's easy to remove the cover for cleaning (not that I do), and they recline a bit, which I like. I also like that they are a bit taller than some carseats, so my kids can see out the window. But Dor is right, they're probably all safe. It's really a matter of which one fits your car the best and how easy they are to install/move. Oh, and how much they look like they came from a spaceship. Buy the Chicco. It's cool.

Laura said...

I've always just bought whatever seat matches the interior of my car.

So, don't ask my advice.