Sunday, October 19, 2008

Good Intentions...

I thought with a 4 day weekend I would get my papers graded...
I thought I would get my planning done for this month...
I thought I would get my laundry caught up...
I thought I would finish the Hardi-backer in the bathroom...
I thought I would walk the dogs every day...
I thought I would get my audition dance choreographed...
I thought I would write interesting and amusing blogs every day...
I thought wrong.

It's Sunday night and my adorable husband wants "lovies" (I shouldn't complain), I have a stack of spelling and math tests to be graded, Hard Knock Life is playing in the background, the bathroom is half done, and I'm finally getting in a blog entry(not the interesting and amusing kind). And it's not that I was lazy this weekend, I did A LOT of laundry (how 2 people create that much laundry I don't know!).

Thursday was chores day, I cleaned the house, wiped the baseboards, and dusted deep corners ,etc. (exciting huh?)

Friday I woke up to a double batch of peanut butter cookies for the wedding (Wendy on Saturday). Then Heidi and I went to Kassies for a play date. We went to visit Kyle for his 40th birthday and took him a pie. We took a trip to Thrift Town for some bargains and went back to visit and eat lunch at Kassies. Oh yeah, and the kids played.

Saturday was a working day with a lot of cutting and screwing and only 2 trips to Home Depot!!
My day ended with some sad news as Anna called to tell me that one of our close friends had died on Saturday morning. He was a great kid with a big heart. He and I loved to laugh together because we were the 'shy ones'. Jepson was the kind of friend who listened more than he spoke and was always full of smiles. He will be missed, but I think he was needed elsewhere right now. We will miss you Jepson.

Thank heavens for Sundays - a little catch-up, a little relaxation, a little family, and a little more time before we have to go back. Now, I think I'll go to bed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Poff said...

It sounds like you may want the same thing that I do...a day that know one else gets just so I can get caught up. The cotton eye joe may just be the answer for you tryout dance....

The Johnson's said...

I call T.M.I. on the whole adorable husband needing luvies!