Saturday, October 11, 2008

Top 5 Cousin Memories



*Thanks Belinda for starting the fun...I hope all participate, we don't want any party-poopers in the family....

Well, I am a young cousin so my memories are a little different than you big kids, but we definitely did learn some things from you. (pic; EVERYONE has always had a turn blowing out the candles)

1. Jamie and I were professionals at asking for sleepovers or extended play time. I would ask nicely in my cutest voice, and if that didn't work, Jamie could cry on cue. They could never say no to her tears.


2. Kick-the-can with the 'big kids', I'm sure I thought I was really playing, actually I was usually being carried around by someone bigger than me. I remember hiding with Lisa near the wood pile (ick! spiders), and Kyle running across the field with me in his arms using my feet as a bat to hit the can.


3. Backpacks - especially sitting around the campfire hearing stories, or when you all got to sit around the campfire while my mother made me take a kettle bath, in the rain, and lightning, with everyone a tarp away!!!!! (scarred for life)


4. Christmas's at Grandpa's....it was always packed with people! I remember when Libbi had my name one year and gave me a stuffed moose with big floppy legs, I loved that thing forever!


5. Getting to stay over at Penny's (after Heidi and Belinda had worked their charm and then I got to tag along because I was young and cute, and also a good crier). We got to pick jammies from Belinda's big cupboard at the end of the hall - it was the mecca of clothing.... Then we got a glass of milk (ick) and a ding dong before bed, we got to lay on the floor and watch MTV, in the morning there were SO many choices for cereal! If we were lucky our day might include walking to Millies for Donuts and the place on the corner for lunch....playing at Pennies was like a luxury vacation in my eyes.

(pic; Emily and I in our earliest years...)
...I too could go on and on...I'm glad we have ladies lunches so the memories can continue...

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Love it, it really just gets the memories flowing! I thought it was funny you remembered where my clothes were.

Kassie said...

Funny funny stuff, love the pics how did you manage to find/have those?
ALSO: Andres new blog is up and running.
http://www.xmountain2.gotdns.com/wordpress/
Or www.xmountain2.gotdns.com