Wednesday, October 8, 2008

William Penn proudly presents...

I've finally made the decision for this years play, "Annie". Yup, a repeat. I realized that this will be my 12th full school production. 12!! Where has the time gone! And that isn't counting the plays I've written for graduation, end-of-year, and other festivities....

Anyhow, I am quite excited, and a little hesistant as it is always difficult to reproduce, but I think it will be good. I'm going to audition in a week and a half so I am beginning to spend my evenings dancing around the house coming up with choreography (Em, I do miss your skills!), and preparing for the big day where I watch 250 kids sing and dance their hearts out for a chance to be the star.

The funniest thing is the questions I get every day from kids all over the school. I'll go to my door at recess and there will be a collection of 2nd graders waiting with their big question, "Do you have to be a red head to be Annie?", or the 6th grade boys, "Are there any guys in this play?" Ahh the fun!

And the best part, I've already got "Hardknock Life" stuck in my head, where it will remain for the next 4 months!
Here we go again!........

5 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Maybe you should think of a nice relaxing hobby... you never slow down!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Annie will be fun.

Now if my school would just hurry up and pick which play *we're* doing so I can start memorizing the songs!! Gotta be a lead this year!!

Mrs. Poff said...

SO how much are you willing to pay for the use of LiLy....she did make a cute dog for the show. What fun! I miss doing the play!

Kassie said...

What a lovely bunch of songs to get stuck in your head though!!!

nielsons*love*family said...

annie!
wow you will have your hands FULL! but as usual i am sure it will turn out GREAT!