Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful...

If I can't blog I certainly can't post something on facebook every day that I'm grateful for. So I'm going to catch up, and be thankful at the same time...watch these skills.

28 Things I am thankful for (in no particular order).

1. I am thankful for this amazing little 1 year old! Can't believe it's been a year and I fall more in love with him every day.
2. I am thankful for this amazing big man in my life who sacrifices a lot to take care of Miles and go to school and always be watching-out for me.
3. I am thankful for this home and the projects that get done (like a new sprinkling system and grass!) and the projects in the works (the list is too long!)
4. I am thankful for a job, that albeit exhausting and more work than one human being can do, it's a job and it takes care of my family. On top of that I am learning and growing and pushing myself on a daily basis.
5. I am thankful for Rudy and Lulu and the fact that they still love me even though they don't get daily walks or ball time.
6. I am thankful for Logan, a two-minute commute, no traffic, and the good friends we've found here.















7. I am thankful for my Mom. Man, she would do anything for me, including give me the coffee table out of the middle of her living room (I changed my mind, but she was willing!) Or hop on a flight with me so I have help with Miles, heck I bet if I asked her to come clean my toilets she'd be here in less than 2 hours (it is a 1 1/2 hour drive, and she'll need to get a coke).
8. I am thankful for my Dad who is a role model, a leader, and an example far beyond measure. He works tirelessly and never complains, he will break his back to help you out, and then crawl down on the floor to play with Miles.
9. I am thankful for my big nieces and nephews who despite being too old and too cool still get down and play with Miles and always try to share a little love with their littlest cousin.
10. I am thankful for my little nieces and nephews who gather around Miles and show him how to play toys, or chase him around the house, or lock themselves in the rabbit cage cause he thinks its funny.














11. I am thankful for all grandparents, old, young, near, far, actual, and just pretend. For loving every picture, giggling at every video, and spoiling my little one to pieces.


12. I am thankful for my oldest brother Kyle, for being a fighter and a superman. For having a positive attitude and a back strong enough to carry everyone when he has the legitimate reason to be weak.
13. I am thankful for my oldest sister Kassie for being my creative inspiration and not being afraid to be herself. For being strong in the face of many frustrations and always being an incredible mom, no matter what.
14. I am thankful for my brother Bud for being my friend when I was an awkward teen and the only one left in the house. For making me feel 'cool' around his friends when I'm sure I was a total dork. For growing into a strong man and a role-model of a father.







15. I am thankful for my sister Heidi for being my rock, and my reference for all things childbirth and pregnancy. For staying by my side for 52 hours of labor, pushing me and holding me up all at once. Now realizing, that's what she is so good at in all aspects of life.
16. I am thankful for my siblings spouses, for being original, unique, and not afraid to be themselves - but at the same time fit into this strange Nielson family picture.
17. I am thankful for my In-laws, although far, always thinking of us and doing all they can to be a part of our lives.
18. I am thankful for my own cousins and the friendship they have always given me. Now it seems they're all so far apart and we don't get to be together enough, but I'm not sure what I would have done without a hoard of cousins around.
19. I am thankful for good friends. I've never been very good at the friend thing (see #17) but I'm grateful to have a few folks I consider good friends who I could ask for about anything and they'd be willing.
20. I am thankful for a principal who believes in me and sees in me potential that I don't see. I am thankful he pushes me to do things I don't even know I'm capable of, and then supports me to success.
21. I am thankful for the arts. I am lucky enough to be able to dance, draw, sing and act with my students this year and when the day is long, I am totally reinvigorated to stop and dance the Bele Kawe with a group of 2nd graders.
This is church...not sure about the gospel study part.
22. I am thankful for the gospel, and although I am not a scriptorian or church historian, I am thankful to know that it's true, and to know that my Heavenly Father loves me in spite of all I lack.
23. I am thankful for prayer, especially in the dark hours of the night when a sick baby is crying, or a heart is heavy with hurt, or a brain is racing with frustration. I am thankful to be able to stop, and think, and connect and then feel that it will all be alright again.
24. I am thankful for blankeys - mine and Miles, and the great comfort they bring.








25. I am thankful for cool air, and approaching winter. Yes, I will miss warm walks but I love the chill and I am so grateful to not be hot.
26. I am thankful for nature and this beautiful state we live in, and the fact I can look out my front window and see a beautiful mountainside.
27. I am thankful for this day, and the opportunity to cook (yes, I'm thankful for that), and be thankful, and read a really thick newspaper full of ads.
28. I am thankful for my family, yes I said them all before, but I'm just so thankful to have them, they are such blessings and make me so happy. I can't imagine life without them.









1 comment:

JGEM said...

I love your family pictures!