Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catch-up

I was pondering the sort of thing I might write on here, beings my life consists of dogs and 10 year olds, and that's not all that exciting; so I thought I would start with a catch-up for those who have been away awhile.

Our family consists of our 3 spoiled puppies. Max, 10-11 year old Golden Retriever, also known as "Ol' Half Dead", who enjoys napping, barking at the fence, and then more napping. Lulu is our 3 year old yellow-lab who also enjoys barking at the fence, and anything that might involve a W-A-L-K (we have to spell that word around our house). And lastly, Rudy, the newest member of our family. He is one of Lulu's 9 puppies that we just had to keep! He's very sweet and cute and calm for a puppy (My parents also kept a puppy, MayBelle, she's crazy and hyper - we lucked out.) We have had an adventurous week with the dogs as Rudy ate a bottle containing Spray n' Wash and spent a day in the vet and is now on special meds for a burned esophagus and pneumonia (you can only imagine the puppy eyes looking up at you with a pathetic little cough). The following day Lulu went to get fixed (only one litter for us) and she is supposed to be 'taking it easy' for 10 days. On top of that she caught Kennel Cough and so we now have two pathetic coughing puppies. Max is holding strong, he hasn't woken up long enough to notice anyone is ill.

My in-laws were here this week to visit my new nephew Connor, and a little work meeting. It's always fun to have them, and their giant yellow lab Oliver (he's like having a drunk horse in the building). We really do love Ollie, he gives everybody something to laugh at and wears Rudy out fast!

We're off to another week of school, work, remodeling the bathroom, walking to school, picking a play, planning a presentation, building a vanity...sorry, it turned into a to-do list, that's life, always a million things to do!

5 comments:

Kassie said...

Poor Poor Rudy!! I cant imagine what would attract a puppy to a bottle of spray and wash! I am happy you are blogging it is a handy way to stay in the loop when things get too busy to talk! I hope this week is more peaceful and the puppies feel better!!

Anonymous said...

What an awful awful thing for a puppy to go eating! Poor Rudy!

I can tell your going to be an excellent blogger. Totally keep it up Laura!

-Andre

The Johnson's said...

Hi Laura, watch out you'll find yourself addicted. I've blogged for over a year, and since I never have kept a journal, I rationalize that I'm spending my time keeping history.
Belinda

The Johnson's said...

Will you drop me a line on my blog or email and let me know if Kassie or Andre have a blog address. I'm thinking the one I have for Andre is not his current functioning site!

Heidi said...

Laughing my ass off at that picture of sleeping Art and Lulu!